Dinghy sailing will be taught at St Catherine’s Sailing club, by suitably qualified instructors, giving expert tuition in dinghy handling and seamanship, leading to a qualification, courses will go live after 8am, 28th February 2022, where ordinary paid up 2022 members will have priority.
Term time Junior Learn to sail courses will take place each Thursday from 9th June 2022, from 4,30pm to 6.30pm and last for six weeks (last day Thursday 14th July.) full , check waiting list
Sailors will have the opportunity to do RYA Dinghy Level 1 to 4 Racing.
Cost of course will be £200, sailors must be 2022 paid up members.
Summer holiday sailing courses offered this year will be..
25th to 28nd July (level 1-4) Full, check waiting list
1st to 4th August (level 1 to 4)
8th to 11th August (level 1 to 4)
15th to 18th August (level 1 to 4)
22nd to 25th August (Adults, families and Teens over 13yrs)
Cost of course will be £240 and must be paid at booking to secure your place.
Junior regatta will be Saturday 20th August for those who have done a course this year. This is a free event welcoming families and friends into our welcoming club. We encourage Mums and Dads to get out sailing too!
Private tuition will be by negotiation with the Chief Instructor during the dates of 9th June to 4th September, this will be tailored to your requirements and relies on availability of staff.
Booking will be online through Webcollect https://webcollect.org.uk/scsc
It is hoped that families will continue to make use of the club, and become active members throughout the year. We welcome all new members to join in at events.
Priority will be given to fully paid up ordinary members for the first week of bookings.
Further information about the course content can also be obtained from the RYA Website
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- The person who will attend the course must be a current SCSC member (temporary or ordinary). You will only be able to apply for a place if you are on our current membership database and priority is given to Ordinary members. If you are not sure please log on to Webcollect and check whether your subscription is current.
- All bookings will take place on our new Webcollect system and payments will be made using bank transfer. The lessons are only visible once you have logged on to Webcollect.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. Once confirmation of a place is received from Tony Cavey Training, refunds are not possible. Sailing, powerboat or first aid lessons missed, or courses cancelled, cannot be refunded or exchanged for alternative dates as our courses are mostly fully booked. In the event of lessons cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, we will endeavour to offer one alternative date. We are a non profit making training centre administered by volunteers.
We have a great team of RYA qualified dinghy sailing instructors – distinctive in their yellow T-shirts – who look forward to teaching and instilling a love of sailing and how to be safe at sea. Our instructors all have the RYA First Aid qualification.
Clothing required for the sailing courses:
- Wetsuit style shoes or old trainers (no open toes)
- A packed lunch is also required for the summer holiday courses
- Sunscreen and hat
Our fleet includes: Omega, Picos, Fevas, Optimist dinghies.
Own boat tuition / family groups are also welcome.
Additional Sailing Information
We hope that all our sailors will receive a certificate at the end of their course. However sometimes they might need to practice their newfound skills a bit more to achieve that level.
Also we regret that we may be unable to swap course days if your child is unable to make their lesson.
Once our sailors have completed their course, we hope they will want to join in with club sailing at St Catherine’s Sailing Club. The club will be offering our newly qualified sailors, coached racing to help them get them started. For information about club sailing please contact our commodore Ben Rogers.