2020 Training Programme at the Tony Cavey Training Centre at SCSC
RYA Sailing courses for younger sailors will start after the Summer half term, on Wednesdays (entry level) and Thursdays (Intermediate and racing,) booking will be online through Webcollect from February 24th 2020 https://webcollect.
Priority will be those who are fully paid up ordinary members for the year, and bookings will go online in the first week after spring half term, followed by temporary members in the following weeks. It is hoped that families will continue to make use of the club, and become active members throughout the year.
Course dates are:
Wednesday 3rd June for 6 weeks (learn to sail)
Thursday 4th June for 6 weeks (level 3-4)
Our summer RYA sailing Courses will begin at the end of July, during the summer holidays. The dates are…
RYA Powerboat levels 1 and 2 and RYA Safety Boat course dates will be announced as they are released. Please contact us to be put on our waiting list via firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the course content can also be obtained from the RYA Website
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- The person who will attend the course must be a current SCSC member (temporary or ordinary). You will only be able to apply for a place if you are on our current membership database and priority is given to Ordinary members. If you are not sure please log on to Webcollect and check whether your subscription is current.
- All bookings will take place on our new Webcollect system and payments will be made using bank transfer. The lessons are only visible once you have logged on to Webcollect.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. Once confirmation of a place is received from Tony Cavey Training, refunds are not possible. Sailing, powerboat or first aid lessons missed, or courses cancelled, cannot be refunded or exchanged for alternative dates as our courses are mostly fully booked. In the event of lessons cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, we will endeavour to offer one alternative date. We are a non profit making training centre administered by volunteers.
We have a great team of RYA qualified dinghy sailing instructors – distinctive in their yellow T-shirts – who look forward to teaching and instilling a love of sailing and how to be safe at sea. Our instructors all have the RYA First Aid qualification.
Clothing required for the sailing courses:
- Wetsuit style shoes or old trainers (no open toes)
- A packed lunch is also required for the summer holiday courses
St Catherine’s Sailing Club are able to order GUL sailing gear at reduced rates. Please see the GUL website http://www.gul.com for their range. If you wish to order GUL gear through SCSC please email Karen Roworth here email@example.com
Additional Sailing Information
We hope that all our sailors will receive a certificate at the end of their course. However sometimes they might need to practice their newfound skills a bit more to achieve that level.
Also we regret that we are unable to swap course days if your child is unable to make their lesson.
Once our sailors have completed their course, we hope they will want to join in with club sailing at St Catherine’s Sailing Club. The club will be offering our newly qualified sailors, coached racing to help them get them started. For information about club sailing please contact our commodore Dave Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org