Training and Open Sailing this Saturday 27th January 10.00h

Calling in all sailors

We’re happy to announce that with the current forecast and neap tides we’ll be able to host a training and sailing session this Saturday 27th January, meeting in the club at 10.00 for a session 11.00-13.00

Also would like to call for help both on the slip and to help on the ribs, this is much appreciated

For planning & ensuring safety we appreciate if you can signal your availability on duty man using the link below

Many thanks and hope to see all in the water

The Sailing Committee

2018 Sailing Calendar is now available

Happy new year to all members and supporters of the St Catherine’s sailing club

The Sailing Calendar for 2018 is now published in the Sailing-Fixtures List  tab of our website

We’ll be publishing the 2018 Notice of Race and Sailing instructions shortly and update  dutyman for the coming season

Fair winds

The Sailing Committee


Sailing Saturday 20th January cancelled

Unfortunately the forecast for tomorrow shows F9 in the morning that will only decrease in the afternoon, which together with low tide at 1453 would not allow us to launch and retrieve Ribs in a safe manner
Regrettably we need to cancel sailing and will be looking to reschedule subject to crews availability
The sailing committee

Sunday 21 January 2018 training & open sailing update

In light of the current weather conditions and being our crews and sailors safety our utmost priority,  we’ve been monitoring the forecasts for this weekend  with particular attention

There is now a fair degree of confidence that Sunday 21January will see winds in excess of 30kn, and therefore unsafe to sail in St Catherine’s

Regarding Saturday 20th January, the situation is fast evolving- from a forecast of NW <10kts 24h ago to the latest issued that depicts a worsening condition

Therefore the club decided to not host sailing session on Sunday, but  only tomorrow with a settled forecast will we announce if Saturday sailing will be happening instead, or if we postpone to next weekend

Please keep an eye out for club comms on the site or Facebook for the latest update

Thank you for your support

The Sailing Committee


Training session/Open Sailing change- Saturday 6 Jan 0930 instead of Sunday 7 Jan 0930

Happy new year !

In light of the current weather forecast it has been decided to move the scheduled training session for Lasers, Toppers and Optimists/ Open sailing day from Sunday 7 Jan 0930 to Saturday 6 Jan 0930

Apologies for the late notice, but it is now clear that Sunday sailing will not be possible, and instead Saturday forecast has a good 8h window with light winds for us to get back in the water and dust the cobwebs away

Besides the training this is an open sailing event for all club members  to practice using the marks and Ribs in the water

Hope to see all in the water, please be aware of the current air and sea temperature when planning the weather gear to be used

The Sailing Committee